EMPIRE FITNESS REGULATIONS
- Membership card must be presented at reception on arrival every visit. A replacement card is $5.00.
- Towels must always be used on equipment while training. Towels are available for purchase from reception.
- Fully enclosed sports shoes must be worn during workouts for safety reasons. Members are required to wear a singlet or t-shirt at all times in the centre. Clothing must be clean and tidy with no offensive prints or designs for the consideration of other members.
- Lockers are available. Empire Fitness accepts no responsibility for your personal belongings.
- Suspension of membership is available for a minimum period of 2 weeks and a maximum period of 3 months.
Direct Debit memberships are debited $2.50 per week during suspension period. Payments return to normal at the end of the suspension period. The minimum term does not include suspended periods.
Upfront membership suspension is calculated at 35 cents per day.
Membership suspensions cannot be backdated.
- Memberships are non-transferable and non-refundable (unless otherwise stated).
- Please advise Empire Fitness staff of any medical conditions you may have or if any new medical conditions arise.
- Children under the age of 14 are not permitted to train in the centre.
MEMBERSHIP CANCELLATION POLICY
There are three sections to this policy. Section 1 relates to the cancellation of your membership within the 48 hour cooling off period. Section 2 covers cancellation of your membership outside the 48 hour cooling off period and Section 3 outlines the conditions you must meet in order to cancel your membership once you have completed the minimum term for direct debit memberships.
Under the terms and conditions of this agreement your membership is subject to a 48 hour cooling off period and may be terminated by completion and signing of a cancellation form (which can be obtained from Empire Fitness) within 48 hours of signing the membership agreement. Empire Fitness will refund any fees paid within twenty one (21) days of receiving written notification of cancellation.
Cancellation of your membership outside of the 48 hour cooling off period.
(a) Permanent Disability or Sickness
- Empire Fitness requires completion and signing of a cancellation form (which can be obtained from Empire Fitness), outlining specifically how this prevents you from utilising any of the services or facilities that Empire Fitness are able to provide.
- Empire Fitness requires a letter from a medical practitioner detailing the illness or disability.
- Empire Fitness will refund any fees paid within twenty one (21) days of receiving written notice, less:
- the fees payable for the proportionate daily usage of the fitness centre up to the time of receiving the written notice;
- an administration fee of $75 or 10% of the fees paid by the client (whichever is less).
(b) Cancellation of a direct debit membership for any reason before the fees due for the Minimum Term have been paid.
- Complete and sign a cancellation form (which can be obtained from Empire Fitness) and
- Make a one off payment equal to 50% of the money due for the remaining minimum term.
(c) Cancellation of an upfront membership for any reason.
- Complete and sign a cancellation form (which can be obtained from Empire Fitness)
- Empire Fitness will refund 5% of the fees paid by the member, less:
- the fees payable for the proportionate daily usage of the fitness centre up to the time of receiving the written notice.
(d) Termination by Empire Fitness
- Empire Fitness reserves the right to terminate this membership agreement under the following conditions:
- Failure to abide for any of the criteria listed in the regulations or
- Action upon a complaint by either a centre member or an employee of Empire Fitness or
- Empire Fitness Centre reserves the right to cancel membership at its discretion.
Cancellation of your membership once you have completed your Minimum Term is subject to the following conditions:
(a) Empire Fitness requires completion and signing of a cancellation form (which can be obtained from Empire Fitness)
(b) 4 weeks written notice is given from your next debit date.
As a condition of entry I agree to be bound by Empire Fitness Centre’s regulations. I recognise and understand exercise is not without some risk to the musculoskeletal system (for example, sprains, strains, etc), cardiorespiratory system (for example dizziness, breathing discomfort, heart attack, etc) and other parts of my body and my general health and wellbeing. I agree that Empire Fitness or any successors, assigns and parties related in any way (‘Empire Fitness’) on the condition that Empire Fitness will not be responsible for (and I grant Empire Fitness an indemnity in respect to) any claim for personal injury, loss or damage whatsoever which may occur as a result of any act or omission of Empire Fitness and/or my attendance at Empire Fitness Centre.